Today, Netflix announced a slew of actresses that have joined the cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender. As the production expects to go on hiatus starting tomorrow through the new year in Vancouver. The casting includes Azula, Suki, and Avatar Kyoshi. As well as a new character Yukari and Gran Gran.
- Elizabeth Yu (she/her; Untitled Ray Romano Film, All My Love) will play Azula, the intensely driven princess of the Fire Nation. A firebending prodigy and relentless perfectionist, she’ll stop at nothing to secure her position as the heir to the throne.
- Maria Zhang (she/her) will play Suki, the intimidating leader of the Kyoshi Warriors, an elite female fighting force dedicated to protecting their community and upholding the ideals of their namesake, Avatar Kyoshi.
- Tamlyn Tomita (she/her; The Good Doctor, Cobra Kai) will play Yukari, Suki’s mother and the fiercely protective mayor of her small village on Kyoshi Island.
- Yvonne Chapman (she/her; Kung Fu, Family Law) will play Avatar Kyoshi, a legendary warrior revered for her bravery, fearsome fighting skills, and uncompromising dedication to the cause of justice.
- Casey Camp-Horinek (she/her, Barking Water, Reservation Dogs) will play Gran Gran, Katara and Sokka’s grandmother and the compassionate and wise matriarch of the Southern Water Tribe.
Avatar: The Last Airbender will stream on Netflix in 2022
AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER’s cast continues to grow: meet the actors who will play Azula, Suki, Yukari, Kyoshi, and Gran Gran. pic.twitter.com/pYx7cfhUVR
— Netflix Geeked (@NetflixGeeked) December 16, 2021